Friday, January 23, 2015

Ends are Certain (Challenge Day 5)

When I find myself getting stuck or feeling to sorry for myself, I think back. Think back to that place where days where uncertain.

My experiance is my own along with my views on life. There was a certain point during my time in Iraq that I just stopped worrying about if I was gonna come home or not. It dawned on me that it was completely out of my control, the randomness of it all was crazy to me.

It's hard to explain but when things get tough, I think about everyone that didn't get a chance to make it back. No matter if I reach in my pockets and pull up lint, I am still in a better place here. I want more, but I have more than plenty in my life.

I would say living your life knowing you are going to die is freeing in a sense, doesn't leave much room for doubt and worry. You just do the best you can with the time you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment